We are pleased to announce that animation is to be encouraged as a genre of filmmaking and is acceptable in any category.
Please note the deadline for film submission via Filmfreeway has been extended to 31st January and notification of acceptance to 28th February. So get those films finished!
NEWLYN FILM FESTIVAL 2018 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
& TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31st January 2018
1. The 2018 festival takes place in Newlyn, UK, on the 6th, 7th & 8th April 2018.
2. The final selection of all films presented at the festival and their placement in the program is the responsibility of the Film Programmer for Newlyn Film Festival the process is overseen by the Festival’s Managing and Artistic Directors. The organisation of the event and programming of all other non-competitive elements is the responsibility of the Artistic and Managing Director and the Festival team.
3. The Festival is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work from low to high budgets. We are also open to feature films released since 2017.
4. The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film for consideration, including permission from a distributor or sales agent representing the film and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films. With this submission, the applicant confirms that they possess all rights necessary for the screening of the submitted film at this Film Festival.
6. Short films must have a maximum duration of 30 minutes including credits.
7. Newlyn Film Festival does not require any premiere status but notes that this may come into consideration during the selection process.
REGISTRATION AND DATA PROTECTION
8. Before you can submit your film you will be asked to register your contact and film details. These details will only be shared with Newlyn Film Festival. Newlyn Film Festival ensures this information will NEVER be used for anything other than direct contact from the Festival or one of the Festival’s submission partners and will NEVER be shared with anyone else.
ENTRY FEES & REFUNDS
9. There is a submission fee to enter your films to Newlyn Film Festival. These costs equate to the administration of the entries and viewing library facilities. We offer reduced rates for student submissions.
10. Plymouth Film Festival does not have the facility to apply refunds. Discounts and waivers must be sought before the films have been submitted.
11. The cost of submitting a film to the festival for 2018 is £20. For the student category it is £10. Early bird entries for films entered between July 2017 – 1st November 2017 are £15 and £7.50 for the student category.
12. A separate entry form and additional entry fee is required for each film submission.
13. Please ensure that the digital video file you’re entering is the highest quality copy of your film, if your film is selected you will be contacted to confirm this.
14. For entry by postage please send a clearly labelled data disc (Entrants name and Film Title) with your film in the above file format to: 1 Mill Avenue,
1 Mill Avenue, Queen Square
Bristol BS1 4AJ
15. Films that are submitted on unreadable discs or files will not be considered for selection, it is up to the applicant to ensure that the preview copy is in full working order. The festival is unable to return any data discs.
16. A film’s success is dependent not on its budget or length, but on its core vision and the creativity/efficiency with which it communicates that vision. Programs consist of these diverse visions assembled in an order and rhythm so that even in contrast each is mutually complimentary.
17. Successful entrants will be notified of their inclusion in the festival by the 28th February 2018.
18. After selection, notification letters will be sent electronically; please provide an email address that is checked regularly and ensure that the user account enterPFF@gmail.com is permitted to email you.
19. Due to the large amounts of submissions that the festival receives we are unable to give comments on individual films prior to submission or offer feedback for unsuccessful entries.
20. There are no fees for participating in the festival. Participants are not entitled to claim rental or other fees for the screenings of their films at the festival.
21. In addition to the reproduction of stills and clips of selected films (under 1 minute) for all Newlyn Film Festival publications, festival trailer, press and TV coverage, they may also be screened as part of preview screenings to promote the event.
22. Within your submission you will be asked if you have read and agreed with the Terms and Conditions laid out in this document. By agreeing to proceed with your submission you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and your application can then be processed. Entry of a film is binding and implies acceptance of these regulations.
23. In the event of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the regulations, the interpretation of the festival will take precedence.
24. Failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions may result in the submission being disqualified.
25. A film that has been selected to screen may subsequently be removed from the schedule prior to the event for the following reasons:
i. Any unresolved dispute as to the films ownership causing potential problems.
ii. Falsification of information on entry form.
iii. Any reasonable grounds for concern over the films screening as determined by the festival organisers.
26. These regulations are subject to change without prior notice.
This is an additional placeholder post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.