Please note: All submission fees are set deliberately low, so no further concessions may be requested.
June 15th 2020.
NEWLYN PZ INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2020 SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
& TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FINAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 24TH FEBRUARY 2020.
1. The 2020 festival takes place at The Acorn, Penzance, Cornwall on the weekend24th , 25thand 26th h April 2020.
2. The final selection of all films presented at the festival and their placement in the program is the responsibility of the Film Programmer for NewlynPZ InternationalFilm Festival. The process is overseen by the Festival’s Managing and Artistic Directors. The organisation of the event and programming of all other non-competitive elements is the responsibility of the Artistic and Managing Director and the Festival team.
3. The Festival is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, drama, experimental or artist film and hybrid work from low to high budgets. We are also open to feature films .
4. The primary contact completing the submission process must be authorised to submit the film for consideration, including permission from a distributor or sales agent representing the film and must have obtained necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted music and/or images within the films. With this submission, the applicant confirms that they possess all rights necessary for the screening of the submitted film at this Film Festival.
6. Short films must have a maximum duration of 45 minutes including credits. Poetry films maximum duration 10 minutes.
7. NewlynPZFilm Festival does not require any premiere status , but notes that this may come into consideration during the selection process.
REGISTRATION AND DATA PROTECTION
8. Before you can submit your film you will be asked to register your contact and film details. These details will only be shared with NewlynPZ Film Festival. NewlynPZFilm Festival ensures this information will NEVER be used for anything other than direct contact from the Festival or one of the Festival’s submission partners and will NEVER be shared with anyone else.
ENTRY FEES & REFUNDS
9. There is a submission fee to enter your films to Newlyn Film Festival. These costs equate to the administration of the entries and viewing library facilities. 10. Newlyn Film Festival does not have the facility to apply refunds.
11. The cost of submitting a film to the festival for 2020 listed in our fees section on Film Freeway.
$18 for fiction , documentary , animation ,poetry and women directors.
$15.00 student / scriptwriting
$12 Cornish film category.
12. A separate entry form and additional entry fee is required for each film submission.
13. Please ensure that the digital video file you’re entering is the highest quality copy of your film, if your film is selected you will be contacted to confirm this. All submissions preferred through <Filmfreeway>
14. For entry by postage please send a clearly labelled data disc (Entrants name and Film Title) with your film in the above file format to: